Many people find it hard to stop smoking without help. If you feel you need extra motivation, come for a consultation. During the first meeting we discuss your smoking profile. Then we have a look at the tools you can use such as medication or behavioral adjustments and we decide on a stop date. In the subsequent consultations I provide you with techniques to manage your addiction and discuss any difficulties you find on your way to a life without smoking.
I provide five consultations. The first interview is an intake and takes an hour. The second consultation is planned around the agreed stop date and lasts for three quarters of an hour. The third interview takes place one to two weeks after the smoking stop, the fourth conversation three to four weeks after the smoking stop and the last meeting takes place eight weeks after the stop and takes half an hour.
With youngsters I use the SmartStop system. This is an app that supports the smoke stop consultations. If you wish, you can come with a friend who also wants to quit smoking.
Consultations are reimbursed. This system is different in Flanders and in Brussels.
- Do you live in Brussels or Wallonia?
- Do you live in Flanders?
- You are entitled to 4 hours of individual supervision or 12 hours of guidance in group.
- If you have used the annual number of hours, you will no longer be entitled to a financial contribution from the Flemish Government for that year. You can still get more guidance, but at a higher rate.
- You must consult a tobacco specialist who is registered as a tobacco specialist. I am registered here.
|Type of consultation||What you pay||Refunded|
|1st consultation (1 hour)||€ 60||€ 30|
|2nd to 8th consultation (min 30 min) max 8 consultations in 2 years.||€ 50||€ 20|
|Pregnant women: 1st to 8th consultation, max 8 consultations each pregnancy||€ 50||€ 30|
Since 1 January 2017 tobacco specialists are refunded directly by the Flemish Government. You still pay a personal contribution. This new regulation only applies to residents of Flanders.Terms of the new system:
|Type of consultation||No increased compensation||Increased compensation + youngsters up to the age of 20
1st consultation (1 hour )Refunded
|1st consultation (1 hour)||€ 30||€ 4|
|2nd up to 5th consultation (45 min and 30 min)||€ 22,5/45 min and €15/30 min||€ 3/45 min and € 2/30 minutes|
Some health insurances offer a small financial compensation if you want to stop smoking. You can use this contribution for buying nicotine substitutes, for example. Ask your health insurance company.
Dutch & English
- Individual psychological support for adolescents and adults
- Support to stop smoking from the age of 16
- Tobacco addiction, other addictions, depression, suicidal thoughts/behavior and emotional difficulties
Method: Support to stop smoking
As smoking is a stubborn addiction, many people find it hard to stop without help. If you feel you need that help, come for a consultation. During the first meeting we discuss your smoking profile. Then we have a look at the tools you can use (medication, behavioral adjustments) and decide on a stop date.
In the subsequent consultations I provide you with tools to manage your addiction and discuss any difficulties you find on your way to a life without smoking. With youngsters I use the Smartstop system. This is an app that supports the smoke stop consultations.
If you wish, you can come with a buddy (a friend who wants to quit smoking). Consultations are refundable. The system differs for people living in Flanders and in Brussels. More information about refunds can be found here: rookstopbegeleiding.
- 2016-2017: Tobacco training / smoking cessation counseling, VRGT Brussels
- 2015-2016: Specific Teacher Education, CVO VTI Leuven
- 2014: Interpersonal Psychology, three-day course at Rinogroep, Utrecht
- 2004-2009: Master of Clinical and Health Psychology, Adults, KULeuven
- Suicide Prevention Worker at CGG Passant Halle (2014-Present)
- Clinical psychologist in multidisciplinary center Healthcube Tervuren (2014-2015)
- Clinical psychologist at EPSI and PAAZ in Erasmus Hospital Antwerp (2010-2014)
- Clinical internship in UPC Kortenberg (2008-2009)
- Teacher piano in JMA Sterrebeek (2007-2016)
- Psychological commission
- Belgian Federation of Psychologists (BFP)
- Flemish Association of Clinical Psychologists (VVKP)
- Tel: 0477 59 64 52
- Monday from 5 pm - 8 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 1 pm