Psychotherapy is a treatment to reduce psychological suffering and improve the mental well-being. A psychotherapist tries to understand the psychological suffering on different levels: the inner life of the client as well as the broader network of relationships in which the client finds himself.
This exploration of the psychological suffering can take on different forms: individual therapy, couple therapy, parental support, family therapy and/or group therapy. The methods and framework used, differ from one therapist to another, according to the educational background of the therapist.
A psychotherapist is bounded by lay to professional secrecy. All information will be treated confidentially and respectfully. You can find more information about the deontological code of psychologists on the website off the Belgian Federation of Psychologists.
What do we expect from a therapist?
- A qualitative training and education in psychotherapy
- To act according to and respect the ethical code
- Membership of the professional union
- Attending to multidisciplinary team meetings, supervised by a psychiatrist
- A respectful attitude towards the client and the difficulties he/she encounters
What do we expect from our clients?
- Openness for joint reflection
- Willingness to question him-or herself
- To respect the appointments
- Please cancel 48 hours beforehand when you can’t make it to an appointment. When a cancelation is tardive, the consultation will be charged.
One session costs 60 euros and lasts about 50 minutes.
The asking price will be indexed. From May 2021, the asking price will be EUR 63.
Reimbursement by social security for children and adolescents:
- CM-Brussel: 15 euros per session - 10 session/year: (Website:Psychotherapie voor jongeren).
- CM- Sint Michielsbond: Half of the session price with a maximum of 30 euros/session. In case of supplementary insurance: 75% of the session will be reimbursed. Condition: The therapist need to have an working co-operation with the CM: (Website:Soin au quotidien/psychologie).
- Liberale mutualiteit: 20 euros per session – 10 session/ year (Website:Psychologische begeleiding voor kinderen en jongeren).
- Symbio: French-speaking: 10 euros/session – 6 sessions/year. Dutch-speaking: 10 euros/session- the number sessions/year is unknown. (Website:Couverture santé 2016).
- Vlaams Neutraal Ziekenfonds: French-speaking: 20 euros/session – number of session/year is unknown. Dutch-speaking: 10 euros per session- 10 sessions/year: (Website:Voordelen terugbetalingen psycholoog).
- Onafhankelijk ziekenfonds: 10 euros per session- 10 sessions/year. (Website:Psychologische begeleiding voor kinderen en jongeren).
- Omnimut: 6,20 euro/session (only in case of supplementary insurance!). w (Website:Soutien psychologique).
- Partenamut: 10 euros/session – 6 sessions/year. (Website:Remboursement séances chez un psychologue.)
- Securex: 30 euros maximum/year. (Website:Terugbetaling door uw mutualiteit van al uw medische uitgaven.)
Dutch & English
Individual psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults.
- High Sensitivity, Stress, Burnout
- Relationship problems
- Anxiety and insecurity, low self-esteem, assertiveness problems
- Personality issues, trauma
- Family problems, addictions and eating disorders, depression, lack of purpose and personal growth
Conceptual interaction is a form of integrative psychotherapy that combines techniques from different therapeutic approaches. Each tailored to the uniqueness of the client and his or her needs. Techniques that can be used in therapy are derived from Jungian psychology, Gestalt, Contextual therapy, Systemic Therapy, Body-oriented therapy, Focusing, Voice Dialogue, Psychosynthesis and Art therapy.
In a first session I aim for us to get to know each other better and explore your current problems and issues. We will also try to measure if your expectations match what I have to offer by trying to identify your goals for the therapy outcome. We may need more than one session to explore these different subjects. In the following session we will take a deeper look and apply specific therapeutic techniques to facilitate your journey of self-exploration. At regular intervals, we can reassess and customize the therapy to your specific needs. If you wish you may receive homework aiming to deepen your therapeutic process even further in between sessions. The task given could vary from practicing a relaxation technique, drawing a genogram or practicing a desired trait or behaviour. When you gradually start to feel better, the frequency of our sessions usually lessen as well.
You can make an appointment by phone (during office hours). I don’t answer the phone when I´m in consultation but I will usually call you back within two working days. You may also make an appointment by mail.
- Master in Clinical Psychology (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2013)
- Thesis: Research on the importance of creativity for a person´s psychological well-being (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2013)
- Psychotherapist in Conceptual Interaction (Integrative psychotherapy) (Educatieve Academie, 2015-2019)
- Clinical internship in a centre for abused children and adolescents (UZ Jette, 2012-2013)
- Psychosocial support for refugee families and homeless young adults (CAW Brussels, 2014-present)
- Volunteering at an orphanage in Thailand (Bouworde, 2009)
- Psychologists Commission (Approval number: 842 116 142)
- Belgian Federation of Psychologists (BFP)
- Flemish Association of Clinical Psychologists (VVKP) Barigand
- Flemish Association for Therapists in Conceptual Interaction (VVTIV)
- Tuesday 13 pm - 18 pm
- Wednesday 9 am - 13.30 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 16 pm
- Tuesday 9 am - 13.30 pm